Effective as of July 31st, 2019
Table of Contents
- Personal Information We Collect
- How We Use Your Personal Information
- How We Share Your Personal Information
- Your Choices
- Other Sites and Services
- Security Practices
- International Data Transfers
- How to Contact Us
- Your California Privacy Rights
Personal Information We Collect
Information you provide to us. Personal information about you provide to us through the Services or otherwise includes:
- https://steno.com/privacy/#Your-California-Privacy-RightsBusiness and personal contact information, such as your first and last name, email and mailing addresses, phone number, professional title and company name.
- Content you choose to upload to the Services, such as text, images, audio, video and transcripts, along with the metadata associated with the files you upload.
- Registration information , such as information that may be related to a service or an account.
- Feedback or correspondence , such as information you provide when you contact us with questions, feedback, or otherwise correspond with us online.
- Demographic Information , such as your city, state, country of residence, postal code, and age.
- Transaction information , such as information about payments to and from you and other details of products or services you have purchased from us.
- Usage information , such as information about how you use the Services and interact with us, including information associated with any content you upload to the websites or otherwise submit to us, and information you provide when you use any interactive features of the Services.
- Marketing information , such as information such your preferences for receiving communications about our publications, and details about how you engage with our communications.
- Information provided by job applicants, such as professional credentials and skills, educational and work history, and other information of the type that may be included on a resume or curriculum vitae.
Information we obtain from other third parties. We may receive personal information about you from third-party sources. For example, a business partner may share your contact information with us if you have expressed interest in learning specifically about our products or services, or the types of products or services we offer. We may obtain your personal information from other third parties, such as marketing partners and publicly available sources.
Cookies and Other Information Collected by Automated Means
How We Use Your Personal Information
How We Share Your Personal Information
Other Sites and Services
The Services may contain links to other websites and other online services operated by third parties. These links are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. In addition, our content may be included on web pages or online services that are not associated with us. We do not control third party websites or online services, and we are not responsible for their actions. Other websites and services follow different rules regarding the collection, use and sharing of your personal information. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of the other websites and mobile applications and online services you use.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We employ a number of organizational, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we collect. However, security risk is inherent in all internet and information technologies and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
International Data Transfers
We are headquartered in the United States and have service providers in other countries, and your personal information may be transferred to the United States or other locations outside of your state, province, or country where privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your state, province, or country.
The Services are not directed to, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from, anyone under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us. We will delete such information from our files as soon as reasonably practicable. We encourage parents with concerns to contact us.
How to Contact Us
Please direct any questions or comments about this Policy or privacy practices to email@example.com. You may also write to us via postal mail at:
Steno Agency, Inc.
315 W 9th Street
Los Angeles, California 90015
Your California Privacy Rights
Under California Civil Code section 1798.83, California residents are entitled to ask us for a notice identifying the categories of personal customer information which we share with our affiliates and/or third parties for marketing purposes, and providing contact information for such affiliates and/or third parties. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via postal mail at Steno Agency, Inc., 315 W 9th St., Suite 807, Los Angeles, California 90015. You must put the statement "Your California Privacy Rights" in your request and include your name, street address, city, state, and ZIP code. We are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or do not have complete information.